Monday, April 03, 2006

Sundakka Sambal



I came back to Singapore this morning after a super long journey from Klang last nite. (been away since last Thursday. Had prayers for appa on the 31st March).

Took the bus from Klang and I dozed off just to be waken up at Seremban. We were asked to transfer to another bus and so all of us got down and waited for about 20 minutes before the next bus came. I got a seat and ...dozed again.

Woke up at Yong Peng...decided not to get down and dozed off.
Woke up again when the bus was leaving Yong Peng and dozed off again.

Finally arrived at Larkin at 5.40 am. Took an express bus to Singapore but to my horror there was a stretch of cars for more than a kilometer at the JB Customs! Gosh...traffic jam! I got down and decided to walk. Almost got squashed by 2 busses but escaped. I didn't have the idea of taking the KTM train from JB which stops right in front of my housing estate until the moment I walked passed the station. I just walked into the station and got me a ticket.

Finally reached home at 8.20 am. And decided to take a short nap before undeciding my decision! (huh???!!). Just rested at home till 10.30 before taking a hot shower and head to office. So far I have managed to survive the day but dunno for how long more. Have vomitted twice from last nite.

What can I drink to cleanse my stomach? I think I have been consuming too much of starch food. Any idea anyone...please.

Oh by the way, while I was on the train from JB to Singapore which passes by the 'back lane' of Singapore lifestyle, the train slowed down at the Bukit Timah station when I spotted.... SUNDAKKA(pic above)!
Mum used to make Sambal Ikan Bilis with Sundakka. It's spicy and delicious, ala orang kampung. Mum used to make it dry and I used to eat 3 times at least whenever this was cooked at home.....before I turned vegetarian of course. Now.......no one will be able to cook like that anymore.. :(

4 Comments:

At April 04, 2006 9:48 am, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Soooo tiring la ur journey.
If you don't want to vomit, don't consume dairy items.
Try tea.don't take coffee.
I know the sundakka can also be cooked in masak lemak kuning with sayur cekur manis or pucuk ubi kayu..yumyum.
get a wife to cook you the dish la.minus the ikan bilis, of course.
Hope you'll feel better.

 
At April 04, 2006 1:47 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

I tried tea this morning coupled with yellow watermelon and honey dew! What a healthy breakfast huh! he he he.

Hopefully whoever I'm marrying can cook wat I wanted. I know its difficult to cook just like how it was, but I can settle for something similar though. Thanks pu1pu3

 
At April 26, 2006 1:08 pm, Blogger Ariel said...

its not gooseberry ah?

its supposed to be good for the hair also..

 
At April 28, 2006 6:13 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

Ariel,

not really sure of the name. My google search returned it as a Turkeyberry.

Is it good for hair? That explains my hair rite now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home