Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meetings that ended even before it starts

Had a meeting with a CEO of ThongChaiMedical organization today at 3.00pm.
We have been offering them free web services all this while under our companies Good Will Project, hence they wanted to have a meeting today to discuss further on what we can do and provide for them.

At 2.40, Mr.XXX called our office and said
"Hi, Mr.Paran, I thought you are in unit 05-02. But there is no one here"
To which I replied "Hi Mr.XXX, it's unit 02-02 not 05-02. I will wait for you at our office entrance"

Then at 2.45 he came down and we had the quickest discussion ever which ended at 2.55 pm.
I sent him off then took a glance at my office wall clock, and it showed 2.56 pm!

The meeting starts at 3.00 pm but ended at 2.56 pm! Now's thats a meeting worth visiting.

Unlike yesterday, I had a meeting with The Underwater World center at Sentosa to discuss some new projects. After I had to wait for 20 minutes as that Marketing Manager was busy with something, we had a quick 1 hour discussion. After that I tried calling for a cab, where both cab companies said they have no cabs around that area. It's Wednesday so I wouldn't blame them.
The other company I tried calling is still stuck with my old session! These companies trying to be too smart ended up looking stupid.

I called this company about 3 months back from a stadium, and after entered my location address and everything through their IVR system, i waited for about a minute or 2 before ending the call. So, ever since then whenever I call them they attend to me from that session which was terminated..
"Please press 1 to be picked up from the main lobby, press 2 for roundabout..." and wait, they will! Gosh.

Anyway, since I realised I can't wait for a cab I decided to take a bus. And all the tourist that was there gave me a wierd look. As I'm the only one with long sleeve, tie and pants while others were in much relaxed outfit. It was a BEACH! No one wears tie to the beach, they thought. I guess! Whatever. The connecting bus from the island to the city was pretty good. I was in a place accesible by cabs, MRT, and taxis in less than 10 minutes!

That's how it went!

By the way I asked the marketing manager this, which I thin I should share with you guys...
"Since you are with Underwater World campaigning about fish saftey and stuff. Have you turned vegetarian? At least no-seafood diet? The lobster replica with the message "Save me" looks very convincing though."

To which, she gave me a wierd look. Still searching for the MEEN-ing! (Pun intended. Meen = Fish in Tamil)

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2006 12:19 pm, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

U ni always give weird statements to people. Surela dia lagi confused.But I think your statement abt going vege is funny. tapi usually tempat yg ada byk lobster, crabs and other sea creatures to la tempat yg sedap utk makan seafood.Weird kan?patut conserve la them like u said..
But..I LOVEEEEE CRABS AND UDANG....Feed them to me anytime!!!!

 
At March 24, 2006 12:20 pm, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

I don't understand about the stadium/system part though..

 
At March 24, 2006 2:22 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

I just find it funny when you are at 9-5 job to campaign about sea-life safety and whack lobster and crab and other stuffs over the weekend! rite. he he he

The system tu funny.
I called them via my mobile phone.
Then I stated my location (Stadium).That stadium ade 2 pick up point, main lobby and roundabout. I pressed Roundabout and waited sampai tak de confirmation. So I hang up. Since I called from my mobile phone the system remembers my phoen number. So, everytime I call them they will continue from that session "Please press 1 main lobby...bla bla bla". Tulah peningnya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home