Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What a training!

I had a system training to be attended for 3 days starting today from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, or so it was scheduled.

I woke up early, came to my office to sent out some emails and head straight to the training office at 9.20 am. The training SUPPOSEDLY should be started at 9.30 am.

I met my colleague Andy there, walking OUT!

Me : Hey, where you off to?
Andy : Coffee?
Me : Training?
Andy : Not come yet. You want to come?
Me : Later.

*Andy's English is not really good. Not that mine is great, but his is worse!

Then I found out the trainer have just arrived in Singapore Changi Airport at 9.15 am! WHAT THE HELL!

So I joined Andy for a breakfast at HAN'S. With a smile and a 'hello' at the girl behind the counter and checking out which one of those items on display are vegetarian, the girl was friendly enough to gave me an insider new. No, identifying a vegetarian food is not an insider news!.l She informed me HAN'S is going HALAL from April! And I went WOW!

It's the latest trend in Singapore where more and more chain restaurants and food outlets are turning HALAL knowing the market potential it brings. Last chain was 'OLD CHANG KEE', which had its sales increased by 60% after turning HALAL.

Then, we were joined by another colleague Kelvin. After about 30 minutes, we went to the training room and sat like a school boy.

We waited. The clock showed 10.05 am.
Continued waiting. The clock, 10.30am.
Wait is all we could do, the clock continued ticking at showed 11.00am!
Then at 11.10am, the trainer walked in! We heard there were tons of miscommunications happened between the trainer and the girl who organized this event. 'CRAP!' I said.

After about 40 minutes, we had a lunch break.

Once done, I asked the trainer, so any technical part you are going to cover today?
He said, 'No not today. This is very end user training. No technical stuffs. If you want we can arrange for another session to cover the technical parts'

And I said, 'OK, will let you know when we can have it. Thanks'

So that's how my training went. Started at 11.10, ended at 11.50. Had lunch and back with absolutely nothing learned! Except for the fact that HAN'S going HALAL!

p/s: HAN'S Singapore serves one of the best vegetarian Mui Fan I have ever tasted. But the Ultimate BEST Mui Fan comes from Uncle Wong's restaurant in Pertama Complex, KL.

4 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 6:11 pm, Blogger popgummer said...

Jauhnya the best Mui Fan tu datang. All the way from your home country.

 
At March 15, 2006 6:25 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

Sorry, ade correction tu.
My brain is too fast compare to my fingers! I construct different sentences, and by the time I type it out I miss a couple of words in it!

LAG!

 
At March 16, 2006 11:09 am, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Mui Fan tu apa?i tahu sek fan tu makan nasi.Mui Fan tu makan kipas ke?

 
At March 16, 2006 12:04 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

Mui Fan tu actually nasi with excessive gravy on it ala Hor Fun (which is Kueh Teow based).

I tried to attach the image, but bila I search for 'Mui Fan' on google it returns 'Anita Mui Fan Club' links! it only returned one image, which is from their cache!

he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home