Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Singapore : A nice place to live in...but not with Singaporean

Kiasu, Control-Freak, Complain-addicts, Queue-addicts - these are only certain terms to identify Singaporeans here. Mind you I'm only talking about some/most of them, not all of them.

This place (Singapore) has been well developed and in fact is 10 years in advance compare to Malaysia and probably 20 years in advance compare to Indonessia. But the people here? Gosh they are still the same old "Drunken Ape"!

Can you believe it, when there are columns in newspapers to complaint/feedback about incompetent service by some sector there are Singaporeans who actually write about these issue which really puzzled me!

1) A girl wrote about how a ISP technician who suppose to be at her house to fix the connection in the morning arrived at 9.00 pm. Ok, a vlid complaint. Then she called the ISP to complaint about this incident. OK. Then, the manager of the ISP call centre promised to investigate and call her back. OK. So far so good rite.
But her complaint is this.
"Since I was busy for the next 2 days, I couldn't answer my phone calls. Thus, I saw there were 3 missed calls in that period. If indeed this ISP Call Center manager called me, why he didn't bother to email me!"
WHAT A CRAP! What a complaint is that! THEY GUY CALLED YOU REPEATEDLY!
HE CALLS so he can personnaly assure you on things. WHAT DO YOU WANT A****LE!
DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO COME AND BEG YOU FOR FORGIVENESS! IT'S LAME! If the manager didn't even bother to call, then yes I am with the girl on this, but come on!

2) Now this, even a weirdo will find it weird! A guy walked into a Guardian Pharmacy, bought a local tabloid which is SGD 0.70 and paid that amount in 1 cent coins! YUP, thats rite 70 X 1 cent coins! How on earth you expect people at the counter to entertain a bimbo like you! And you are writing about it to a newspaper! WHAT ON EARTH IS OCCUPYING YOUR HEAD!

The worst thing is, I can't even conclude what went on the editors mind before approving these COMPLAINT LETTERS to be published.

SINGAPOREANS .....Who am I to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home