Thursday, December 08, 2005

Zinger Burger Tragedy (Being sensitive??!)

This real incident simply opened my eyes to the idea of being Sensitive. My dearrie always complain that I am not being a sensitive guy. I dont really know how on earth am I going to be sensitive to someone I'm so used to. I just cant emote my feelings of being sensitive just because that is how a good companion does. I know, from the way I explain "sensitivity" here I may be heading towards the pesimistic sensitivity but hey, thats what you need to understand in order not to emote that feeling in ur partner.

I'm a vegetarian, many of you (I have only 2 - 3 readers anyway) know. By being vegetarian itselfs, i will be down with rashes, puss, lip-swelling and itchiness on my back every now and then due to some mysterious food consumption. So far I have failed to identify the agent of these allergies in my body, not sure if lunar position have anything to do with it or what. But the point is I AM SENSITIVE, physically of course. My feelings? I don't know? Am I? Am I not? G-O-K (God only knows). But still I'm not sensitive enough, probably I should be like Brandon Fraser in Bedazzled who cries over a sunset may be.

Anyway, the ZBT (Zinger Burger Tragedy) is also related to sensitivity which involves my mum. Last week, when I was down in KL I brought my mum for a medical consultation to a clinic. The doc diagnosed more than 1 problems for my mum, as usual. So he advised my mum to cut down on spicy and sour foods, teas, coffees and other gastrict related foods. So we paid, and left the clinic with BAGS of medications.

On the way back, my sis requested me to get KFC meal for the boys and so I stopped by KFC. My mum saw the Zinger and asked me if she can have it, well I said ok why not (although doc just advised 20 minutes ago). After getting what we need, she was happily munched away the burger on the journey back and spontaneously opened the windscreen and throwed the wrapper out! Now, I'm a guy totally against this! I hate people doing this, its so irresponsible. So I actually, harshly told her off. I said "Good, you throw things as you wish and later complain the road and the residential area is not clean!". After that there was no conversation for about 10 minutes of ride, then my mum asked "Are you angry?" and I said "Yea, but its ok. Please don't do that again."

So we went back home, and my sis enquired about the docs advice and stuff. I without being sensitive enough said "Doc asked amma not to eat spicy stuffs, but she had Zinger Burger on the way back!". We all just laughed it off. No one took it seriously, and so we thought!

2 days later, I called my mum from Singapore and enquired about her health. She said "I'm fine", shorter and in a different tone that I'm used to. So I asked her "Is there any problem" and she said "Nothing".

Now, when a woman/female says "NOTHING" that simply means there is a Star-Wars-Saga like story behind it. Oppose to when guys/male say "NOTHING", it really means THERE IS NOTHING!.

After further questioning, my mum said "How could you people laugh at me for asking for Zinger? I had vomitted the burger right after that! I won't ask you anything anymore in my life!"

And there I was, on the other end of the conversation speechless. How would you feel when your mum says that to you! Mind you people, I hardly have any arguements with anyone in my family. So a small one, seems like a major issue for me. I almost cried over it for 2 days.

Dear mum, I'm sorry. I won't do that again. I love you ok.

With that incident I realised, not only my dearrie wants me to be SENSITIVE, even my mum needs it from me. So much for being insensitive!

So guys, please be sensitive (AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR SKIN OR MINE!)

6 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 10:48 pm, Blogger popgummer said...

Dearie ko tu ngada ngada je lebih...hi hi hi hi.

BTW, kalau dia baca blog ni, gusti please delete above comment.

Kesian mak ko. Sanggup dia vomit the zinger burger. Ish ish ko ni.....

 
At December 09, 2005 12:53 am, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

popgummer,
u know me well rite? do you think me with the right state of mind would let my dearrie know of this blog?! NO WAY! so no worries...
yea the part where she vomitted is a bit too dramatic for me. god knows was on her mind then!

 
At December 09, 2005 7:51 am, Blogger Jijah R said...

Hi Paran

Does that explained y u went to the temple?Heh heh..Ok,but everyone do make mistake(s) rite? Neway, the nxt time u go back home,make it up with her yah?
abt thios sensitivity thingy-it's in u lah-not to worry,its just the way u show it around;dats all.
take care bro!

 
At December 09, 2005 9:56 am, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Entahla Gusti. The fact that you tak kasi ur dearie baca ur blog, makes a stronger case abt your relationship with her. If this early stage pun u byk rahsia2 fr her, nanti kawin lagi byk secrets. I just cannot accept it if PGum ada secret from me. I never have any from it. Its more harmonious that way. Tapi i tahu Popgum mmg ada secret...entahla...

 
At December 09, 2005 10:01 am, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Tapi isu ini boleh dikupas dan dibincangkan lebih mendalam kemudian hari. Pasal your mum tu, memang la mana2 mak pun tak suka diketawakan begitu. She's from the old school of thought where the younger generation should respect the elders, no matter what. So laughing and making fun of her is a big Taboo. Ni bukan first time. You know how sensitive your mum can be..You seriously have to advise her to look after her diet. Tell her nicely, tell her that you love her very much and you don't want to lose her to a disease...Cakap elok2, mesti she understand.ok?

 
At December 09, 2005 1:11 pm, Blogger Gusti Adipati said...

jijah,

temple visit tu..out of my instinct in fact probably i went there to pray for MU to win the game that nite. But it didn't work anyway. Thanks gal.

Pu1Pu3,
I know your point abt my dearie and me. I bukannya berahsia apa2 sgt. I just feel I should have my own space, thats all. But you are rite. Sooner or later I will let her know anyway ok. Thanks for the comments.

Pasal mum tu, we didn't mean to laugh at her, but she thought it was. As you said, its not the first time with her and being from old school she took it personally I guess. I will talk to her the next time I'm there with her. She knows I love her but she just feel upset sometimes. I understand her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home