Tuesday, December 13, 2005

MUM HOSPITALISED!!!!!

At 5.30 am this morning my phone rang. I hardly have anyone calls for me at this hour, so sleepily I got hold the phone and saw my sisters number flashing on the screen. I definitely know something is wrong just don't know what it is. Anticipatingly I answered, my sister then broke the news to me.

"Mum had a stroke early morning, we just rushed her to the Selayang General Hospital. " said my sister.

"WHAT!??", I said

"Don't worry I hope nothing is serious. We tried to get her to the Pusat Kesihatan Kecil here, but the damn doctors said he can't attend now and had to wait till 8.00 AM. Then we tried to get her to Tanjung Karang General Hospital also the same case. No doctors till 8.00 AM. So we rushed her to Selayang GH"

"How is she?"

"Dunno yet, she couldn't move her right hand or her right leg"

This piece of news really made me feel worried. I wasn't ready, what can I do. Can I go now, will she be ok. I don't know. I was worried and prayed as much as I can.

It's this week where I need to be flooded with meetings. I care to them second to my mum of course but I just wanted to find out the situation first. I frenetically called my bro-in-law, and my eldest bro who were at the hospital already. Then I called my second bro informed him. He immediately rushed to the hospital and call me to say mum is ok. Not that bad, just a mild stroke. Scanning and everything seems to be ok. That came as a relief to me.

Then I was still trying to arrange to go back home today, when my sister called. She said, mum is fine so don't have to rush today. Take your time. She said she needed someone after a day or two, more than today. If everyone takes leave now, who's going to look after her in later days. IT does makes sense and so I agreed to be there Thursday.

I informed my boss about it. I told her I'm leaving Thursday right after the meeting. She actually asked me to leave now if I need to then come back for the meeting if it cant be cancelled. I told her, I might as well leave on Thursday and spend the weekend at home. She was nice to even offer me some cash but I told it's ok. I think I can manage now and will ask for her help when I need it.

So guys, please pray for my mum. Hopefully she will recover soon.

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 4:58 pm, Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Sorry to hear abt ur mum. The more you need to advise her to totally change her diet. I read somewhere that a stroke is an alarm that something is SERIOUSLY wrong with her heart. So, if you don't want to lose her, pls la persuade her to make a 180 degrees turn. Exercise more. Dulu masa arwah ayah I diagnosed with diabetes and high blood, dia terus cut out sugary food and high cholestrol food, he jogged and exercise whenever he could. He was so fit and healthy after that. You must take care of her. Drive it down smoothly to her that she might not have another chance next time. We all might not have another chance if we don't take care of our diet. At least she had her warning. That's a blessing. DO the needful ok? Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home